May 12, 2009

This is painful but helpful

Yesterday I was having a mental hangover, a thought that lingered from the other day.
What was the thought you ask?
Why doesn't my family contact me, by phone, or email, or letter, they have my phone number, or email address, or home address?
My ego responded with that's why I don't contact them?
Suddenly the thought came and said you just be the giver, without expecting anything in return.
Now I'm not that bright, I knew it was from the LORD, if anyone I communicate with family, friends, tweeters, etc just keep giving, keep doing good.
Don't expect anyone except me GOD to give back, because I said Give and it Shall Be Given.
With these thoughts I made the decision to call no matter what, reach out to as many as often as possible, and don't expect them to reciprocate.
This was comforting but ego deflation as well, just do what GOD says, leave the results to him.

1 comment:

Hetty said...

That is so true...and no matter if they don't contact us they way we do them...we just should always keep it up...not turn bitter and turn...saying its "their turn." We are to give..if we receive...great..if we don't-the best part is the awesome feeling Jesus gives us for reaching out to someone else...returned or not. All about love and showing it thru Him...it spreads!! In which I am very grateful He connected us..and you reach out to me..even if my slow brain forgets to reach to YOU first...you amaze me thru HIM! And I am very grateful. Never know if tomorrow will be here...or if we will tomorrow...we should love and keep as clean of a heart loving all as possible...HE LOVES US ALWAYS :)

Blessings my dear friend!!

In His Love,

Hetty4Christ

1 Corinthians 13:13 There are three things we should endure-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love.